Trauma Informed Care Training
Time & Location
About the Event
Through a partnership with American Institutes for Research in the Behavioral Sciences (AIR) we are providing an introductory webinar on trauma and trauma-informed care for agency leadership and staff across Recovery Housing, Adult Care Facilities, and related agencies and stakeholders in the State. This training will provide participants with a common foundational understanding of trauma and its effects on service recipients and providers and core elements of trauma-informed care. Objectives:
1. Participants will be able to provide a definition of trauma that includes historical and collective trauma, and toxic stress.
2. Participants will understand the prevalence of trauma and adversity nationally, locally, and within specific populations.
3. Participants will provide examples of Principles of Trauma-Informed Approaches
4. Participants will identify Six Trauma-Informed Care Principles
5. Participants will be able to provide examples of signs and symptoms of secondary traumatic stress and vicarious trauma as well as identify self-care strategies
Residential Facility Class 2 Operators and staff will receive 2 hours of mental health training towards licensure and certification. Continuing Education contact hours will be available for RN's, LPN's, Counselor, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists and Chemical Dependency Professionals and are approved for 1.5 CE contact hours. If you are a social worker, please email your license number, full name, and date of the training you are attending/attended to email@example.com